Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

*Casie Here*
 This is our daily breakfast. I make it just about every morning. We have leftovers a lot of times and that is also great to heat up the next day and add some almond milk to loosen it up a bit. 
Problem is I don't measure anything. I just eyeball it and go with consistency.
I start with about 1 to 2 cups of Almond Breeze Almond Milk in a sauce pan (probably closer to 2). I heat that on medium on the stove. While it's heating I core, peel and chop 1-2 apples. I get those in right away so they can soften up. Once it's been heating for a while and it pretty warmed. I start dumping the rest of the stuff in. I put in about 1 1/2 cups of Quaker Old Fashion Oats. You can adjust more or less to get the ratio you like of liquid to oats. I like about 3/4 oats, 1/4 liquid. 
I put in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup ground flax seed. We use Bobs Red Mill brand flax.
I add a pinch of sea salt and some cinnamon (however much you like) and a splash of vanilla. 
 I add 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup and a handful of Golden raisins. I have also added frozen or fresh blueberries. 
Stir it up for a couple mins till the oats thicken up a little and you are done!
 It's so good and I think it tastes like Oatmeal cookies!!!  The apples are optional. I LOVE them in there though. I usually top mine off with some slices of banana. 
It seems like a lot of work, but probably the total amount of time it takes is probably 15 minutes. And like I said, make a big batch and refrigerate the leftovers for the next few days. My kids LOVE this and always eat it when I fix it! 

Almond Milk ~Vanilla flavor
Apples
Oats
Walnuts
Flax seed
Cinnamon
Vanilla
Salt
Syrup
Blueberries
Bananas

No comments:

Post a Comment