Monday, July 1, 2013

Changes

 Changing to a healthy dietary lifestyle is not just about the physical changes that result or a number that shows up on a scale when you step on it. 
 
Rather, it is about achieving the the combination of many things...
 
 It is about improving your self-esteem,
 
reducing your blood pressure, blood cholesterol and blood sugar,
 
having a more positive outlook on life,
 
being more efficient and comfortable while performing physical activities,
 
being able to nourish every cell in your body with the nutrients they require to function,
 
for your eyes, liver, brain, kidneys, pancreas, heart, intestines, skin and muscles,
 
 for better healing and repair at the cellular level,
 
about detoxifying your body,
 
improving your immune system,
 
decreasing your risk for diabetes, heart disease and cancer
 
reducing inflammation in your body,
 
improving mood and mental function,
 
about changing your family tree,
 
about being happier,
 
and improving your overall quality of life.
 
 
 
 The pictures below only tell part of the story of a plant-based lifestyle.  They show some of the physical changes that have occurred but the most important changes are those that these pictures don't allow you to see.
 
For those of you that never saw what I used to look like just a couple of years ago, here are some photos I came across and wanted to share.
 
These photographs are not about me...they are not about "look at me and what I have done".  My friends and family know I dislike the center of attention and would rather not share these photos.  Do you think I am proud of how I used to look?  Of course not, so why would I want to post them on the Internet for all to see?  Because I know I can motivate at least one of you to make changes in your own life and motivate you to start your own journey today after you see what I have done.
 
I cannot emphasize enough how eating healthy is so flavorful and we do not feel deprived in any way, shape or form.
 
I am passionate about healthy eating and living because I have experienced first-hand the multiple results of a plant-strong lifestyle. 
 
 
 
 
~2009
 
 
 ~2010
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
~2013
 
Father's Day 2013
 
I have not yet achieved all my goals but I am certain I will attain many of them in the near future.
 
This is not just a diet or a fad, this is commitment we have made for the rest of our lives.
 
I will not go back to the ways of the past because the way I feel and the food we now eat is too flavorful and enjoyable to give up.
 
If we can do it....why can't you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment