Sunday, May 4, 2014


Vegan NFL Linebacker, David Carter, Explains How A Plant-Based Diet Fuels 
His Performance On The Field


"As a professional athlete what I put in my body for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, are some of the most important decisions I make every day.


I must ensure I'm consuming sufficient calories to keep full and have the energy to perform at my peak while not overloading and slowing my body down. My career depends on it. So many people are shocked when they learn that I fuel my body with a plant-based -- vegan -- diet. I'm just shocked that it took me 26 years to gain the wisdom to do it!

A few months ago my wife and I sat down to watch a documentary, Forks Over Knives. I thought I'd learn something, but I wasn't prepared to have my world rocked. I have long heard about the benefits of eating vegan, but I never thought I could eat a plant-based diet and maintain my weight for football. What I realized watching the documentary is that all the effort I have been putting in to get big and strong for my professional career was actually killing me.
Since embracing a plant-based diet, small injuries that had been nagging me: tendinitis, arthritis, and, muscle fatigue have gone away. My recovery time and endurance have improved after enabling me to train even more!
I can honestly say that being vegan is not the only most efficient way to be full-body strong, it's also the most humane; everyone wins. I hope everyone will join me in eating delicious plant-based meals that can help you feel great, help the planet and make a world of difference for animals."
For more:


No comments:

Post a Comment