Sunday, June 29, 2014

Isa's Fake CHICKEN!!!

*Casie Here*
I made a batch of Isa's fake chicken out of her new cookbook Isa Does It. I will give you the ingredients and how you make it, but I will not give out the amounts of everything. You will have to get her book if you want the amounts! Sorry, but her book is SO worth it! I have made almost every recipe out of her book and they have all been good! 
 Pepper, Salt, Sage, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Nutritional Yeast. 
 Vegetable Broth, Pinto beans, olive oil, soy sauce or liquid aminos, and vital wheat gluten.
 This is the pot I use to steam.
 Mash up the beans completely. I think next time I will use the food processor to make sure they are ground up better. 
 I just mashed with a potato masher.
 Add all the ingredients in the order she tells you. Easy as dumping it in.


 Mix it all together with a fork.
 Portion it out and you can form it into a patty shape.



 Fold each foil packet up.
 Place in the steaming basket. 
 Let it steam for 40 minutes. DONE. 
 This tastes and smells AMAZING. Seriously, I want to eat a whole patty the second they are cool enough, but instead I refrain and just take off little pieces! It is so, so good. Mine were pretty square because I was running out of foil and had to make my pieces smaller. But really who cares what they look like. 


 I let them cool off a little and them wrap them in cling wrap and stick them in the freezer. 
 You can take out how ever many you need when you are cooking dinner. I usually only use one with a meal. I thaw, chop it up and "brown" it a little or sautee them on the stove. You really would not need to do anything except warm them up and eat. They are good any way you fix it! I will crumble one up and use as "meat" in a spaghetti noodle dish or slice in strips in a veggie, rice stir fry dish or on a sandwich with hummus spread and vegetables. I use this one interchangeably as "chicken" or "beef". It really works for either. 
This batch will last me a good couple months. So, its not a lot of work, time or money for the easy results!!! 
She has other kinds of fake meat recipes in there too. I have made the italian sausage recipe and absolutely love that one too for Italian dishes! 
Please go purchase Isa's book HERE! You will NOT regret it! I PROMISE. 
AND her restaurant Modern Love will be opening soon here in the big O!!! YAY!!! We will be first in line. I wanted it to be open by our anniversary, but I don't think it will be done. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment