Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Quinoa and Veggie Dinner

*Casie Here*
I thought I would start sharing some of my weeknight dinners with you. Tonight I wanted to use Quinoa. I looks up some recipes that used quinoa. Then I just made it my own with what I had in the house. This is what I did. *Sorry I don't have picts of each step....only the final product.
In a small sauce pan I put a tiny bit of olive oil and sautéed 1 onion and 5 cloves of garlic until translucent. *Note* You can adjust all of this depending on your likes and dislikes and what you have around the house.
Then I put in 2 cups of water and 1 cup of Inca Red Quinoa (I just bought that at Walmart) into the same pan as the onions & garlic, brought it to a boil, then reduced the heat to just a simmer and covered it with the lid.
In another big pan I sautéed pretty much every veggie we had in the house. Here is what was in mine in order that I put them into the pan to cook.
Diced Carrot (I used 1)
Diced Asparagus (about 10 spears)
Diced Red Pepper (1/4 of the pepper)
Frozen Brocoli (2 cups)
Frozen Corn (1/4 cup)
Frozen Green Beans (1 cup)
Frozen Peas (1/2 cup)
1 can of rinsed black beans
Diced Tomatoes (15 small grape tomatoes) *just throw in at the very end*

I added the juice of 1 lemon
A couple splashes of balsamic vinegar
little bit of olive oil
Some Bragg's Liquid Aminos (2 turns of the pan)
Salt & Pepper
Cumin
Mrs. Dash

Mix the Quinoa in when it is done (20 mins)

Mix all together. Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment