Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Best Beverage to Drink

On a daily basis, our family consumes green and black tea as well as matcha, but after watching THIS VIDEO I went out to buy some hibiscus tea.  

I found only a couple of brands at Whole Foods and I purchased The Republic of Tea's Hibiscus Superflower Tea as I really like their brand of teas.  This container has 36 tea bags for $9.99, or .28 cents per cup.  I brewed the tea hot but preferred it with ice and a packet of Stevia for sweetness.  The taste was very good, had a tropical taste and reminded me of one of the flavors by Crystal Light iced tea.   This Hibiscus Tea is caffeine-free so that means the kids will be drinking this, too.

When I ask my patients if they drink plenty of water, many respond that they don't like the taste of water or they report that they just don't drink much water.  This tea is a great way to increase their water intake, replace other sugary or nutrient poor drinks and reap the amazing antioxidant power of this great drink.   It is also cheaper than bottled water, soda, and energy drinks.  I like that it can be cold or hot brewed and has a great flavor.

** Make sure you read THESE SIDE EFFECTS of drinking hibiscus tea.  Thanks to B.H. for bringing this to my attention!



Click HERE to view The Republic of Tea's website.  They make some of my favorite bagged teas, even though we prefer loose leaf tea.

 

1 comment:

  1. I like green tea for the health benefits it provides. Thanks for the article. I enjoyed reading it. Also, I visited ruplic of tea's website, found it very useful for me.

    Regards,
    Mangosteen Juice

    ReplyDelete