Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Calling all chocolate lovers!

(Vernon Here)
 
I wanted to make a healthy dessert so I was trying to think of some things to mix together.  My initial idea was to just dip bananas into the cocoa powder but I knew the powder wouldn't stick.  So, I went into the kitchen last night and this is what I came up with:
 
Chocolate Chia Nut Banana Bites
 
I made this recipe for three people.  I would recommend one banana per person.
 
3 bananas
2 teaspoons baking cocoa powder
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon ground cashews (or other favorite nut)
1tablespoon almond milk
1 packet of Stevia sweetener
 
I cut up the bananas and put them into a bowl and mixed them with the cocoa powder, Stevia and almond milk.
 
 
The chia seeds and the cashews were an afterthought, so next time I will just add them to the above mixture but I added them after I put the above mixture into the bowls. 
 
Here is a photo of the chia seeds sprinkled on...
 
 
and then the cashews.
 
I placed the bowls in the freezer for 15 minutes and then served. 
 
Sophia told me that I could make this dessert for her "whenever I wanted".
 
This was really good and only took minutes to prepare....easy enough for even a guy to make. 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment