Thursday, December 12, 2013

Not the oatmeal your mother made you

Oatmeal has so many benefits over cold cereal so you should find ways to make oatmeal often and exciting.  Try adding berries, apple chunks, cinnamon or vanilla extract to give each morning's oatmeal a different taste.  Don't just settle for oatmeal and water/milk.  And stay away from the instant oatmeal as old fashioned oatmeal is nutritionally superior. 
 
This morning I tried a new oatmeal flavor.  I made my oatmeal with almond milk, flax seeds(of course), crushed walnuts, sweetener and a bit of.................PEANUT BUTTER! 
 
Who said you could do that?  Who said you couldn't?
 
We are out of PB2 otherwise I would have added that instead of the peanut butter.  I only put in about a teaspoon of peanut butter and along with the walnuts, that gave enough of a nutty taste for the kids to request that I make this oatmeal version again.
 
And, of course, make sure to top the oatmeal with "bananers", as my son would say.
 
I couldn't get you to make peanut butter/PB2 oatmeal...with flax seed....and walnuts...topped with bananers, could I?
 
Regular oatmeal is boring.  Peanut butter oatmeal is pretty awesome and sure to be a hit at your breakfast table.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment