Monday, June 17, 2013

Muffins Muffins Everywhere


*Casie Here*
We love muffins around my house. I usually make the Orange Date Muffins HERE, but today I decided to switch it up a bit. I get most of my muffin recipes from Weelicious. I love that sight. These are on there too!



*I only made a few substitutions I put them next to the origional recipe below*

Very Berry Muffins  (Makes 12 Regular Muffins)


  • Prep Time:5 minutes,
  • Cook Time: 20 minutes,
  • Total Time: 25 minutes,
  • Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour (I used all wheat flour)
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar (didn't have any so used honey instead)
  • 1 large egg, whisked (my regular Chia seed egg substitute 1 tbs chia powder and 1/4 cup water mixed and let sit for few minutes)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup milk (I only use Almond milk)
  • 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil (I only use Coconut Oil)
  • 2 cups frozen berries (I had fresh blueberries and frozen raspberries 1 cup each)

Preparation

  1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
  2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a bowl and combine.
  3. Combine the egg, vanilla extract, milk and oil in a separate bowl.
  4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
  5. Gently mix the frozen berries into the batter, do not over mix or the berries will bleed.
  6. Pour batter into greased or muffin lined regular sized tins.
  7. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
  8. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.






*I only made a few substitutions I put them next to the origional recipe below*



Carrot Apple Coconut Muffins (Makes 30 Mini Muffins)

  • Prep Time:5 minutes,
  • Cook Time: 15 minutes,
  • Total Time: 20 minutes,

  • Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups all purpose flour  (I used all wheat flour)
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
    2 carrots, peeled & grated, about 1 cup
    1 apple, peeled and grated, about 1/2 cup (gala, fuji, pink lady or red delicious are good choices)
    2 large eggs (my regular Chia seed egg substitute ~ 1 tbs chia powder and 1/4 cup water mixed and let sit for few minutes)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/3 cup milk (I only use Almond Milk)
    1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil (I only use Coconut Oil)
    1/2 cup honey

    Preparation
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
    3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
    4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine.
    5. Place 1 tbsp of batter into greased mini muffin tins.
    6. Bake for 15 minutes.
    7. Serve.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment