Monday, June 10, 2013

More Hummus

For Sophie's 6th birthday party I made some new kinds of hummus. I have said before that I ALWAYS have hummus in the fridge. A L W A Y S. When I run out, I make some more that day. Anyway, I have made this black bean & curry one (on the left) before, but I have never made the sun dried tomato one (on the right) and OH MY GOODNESS that one is definitely my new favorite, BY FAR!!!! Here is how I made them. (There are more picts of some of the ingredients back on THIS original hummus blog post)

Black Bean & Curry Hummus
In a food processor I dumped in one can of RINSED black beans
One can of garbanzo beans (chic peas) NOT DRAINED. *Put the juices in from that can*.
2 bulbs of garlic that has been roasted. (Chop the very top off both whole bulbs, put it in a piece of foil and drizzle a little olive oil over the top of them. Close the foil up in a little pouch and roast in a 350 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes. Let cool and squeeze the soft, roasted garlic into the food processor. 
Add the juice of one lime 
About a tablespoon of honey
About 1/4 cup of Tahini Paste
Cumin powder to taste (I like a lot)
Curry to taste (start with a little - it goes a long way)
Salt to taste
Olive Oil (as processing, drizzle in until you get the consistency you want)

Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
2 cans of Garbanzo Beans (one drained, one not)
2 bulbs of roasted garlic
1 small jar of Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil (drain off the oil)
Juice of 1 lemon
Fresh Basil leaves (as much as you like)
About 1/4 cup of Tahini Paste
Cumin powder to taste (I like a lot)
Salt to taste
Olive Oil (as processing, drizzle in until you get the consistency you want)

This one is a little thicker. It is so, so good. 

1 comment:

  1. I made the black bean curry hummus today. AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete