Monday, June 17, 2013

Pizza on the Grill

*Casie Here*
I have been craving pizza on the grill for the LONGEST time. Finally, I picked up some pizza dough from Rotellas (which, by the way ~ I was the 100th customer and got 10 balls of pizza dough for $4 in stead of 9!!!! Can't beat that). I made the 'toppings' and Vernon did the crust and grilled it. 
 Ok, lets see if I can remember what all I used. This is for all 7 mini medium pizzas we made: Chopped up about 3/4 of a big onion, added some FENNEL seeds (I LOVE this spice) and a little Italian seasoning in with the onion to saute and get warm, 2 small cans of mushrooms, 1 can of whole, seeded black olives, sliced. About a 1/2 cup of dried TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) reconstituted. Pasta sauce, tomatoes chopped, some pesto and Go Veggie Cheese on top.
 It was seriously SO delicious and I don't think it's because I haven't had it in a long time. The flavor was so great. Vernon got the crust perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment