Thursday, June 13, 2013

Offended

This has been on my mind for a few weeks and I thought I would share with all of you. This is not towards anyone in particular, just thought it was interesting enough to share.

I heard a speaker(unknown) give a talk that included the topic of being offended. He talked about how he would often ask the audience two successive questions. The first one was, "With a show of hands, how many of you... have been offended by at least one other person in the last month?" The majority of the hands were raised. He then went on to inquire how many of the audience members knowingly and intentionally went out to offend just even one person in the last month. Only a few hands went up.

As was concluded, the majority of people are offended by people that aren't out to offend in the first place....in fact, they might have good intentions that were interpretted incorrectly. I admit, I am as guilty as the next person on this. I don't get offended easily, but there has been times where I did, but the person did not have any ill intent...rather, it was my erroneous interpretation that created the stir.

May this help at least one of you other there sometime. It made me reconsider some things in my own life.
-V


No comments:

Post a Comment