Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hidden Veggies

I'm going to show you how I 'hide' veggies in sauces for the kids.
 Sweet potato chopped small ~ it will cook faster.
 Onions and garlic, chopped
 zucchini chopped
 mushrooms chopped
Saute all to soften. Add some Italian seasonings if you want and salt & pepper.
 After softened a little I put it in the blender. I also chopped some basil and threw that on top.
 I also had about 3/4 jar of spaghetti sauce in the fridge and threw that in.
 Added some greens to the blender. Kale and spinach
 Blended it all up. Now, if you didn't want to use this right away and wanted to save it for another night, all you have to do is pour this right into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Once frozen, pop them all out and put them in a freezer baggie or plastic container back in the freezer. Once you are ready to use those, just put however many you want into a pan and thaw them out and add your noodles that night. 
 Poured it with cooked noodles. This is how I use up a bunch of veggies that are on the brink of going bad or just to incorporate more veggies into the kid's diet. They loved it. I also try to have veggies on the plate also.
 All of them loved the entire dinner and ate it all up.
 Vernon started a fun game called 'Broccoli Cheers' and we cheers broccoli or any other vegetable we are having like we would a glass of champagne (well, us....not the kids...anyway, you know what I mean). They think it is so fun and after you cheers you take a drink or in this case take a bite. They love it, and it works every time! Plus, when two of them are doing it, the other one always wants to also. It's really cute.

 What about me guys?


No comments:

Post a Comment