Friday, September 14, 2012

School (or Work) Lunch Ideas

*Casie Here*
In a lunch rut? Here are some ideas to help you out. We have to be pretty creative around here since we are Vegan AND they ban all nuts and nut products at our daughters school. 
You can't see it, but it's a tortilla with re-fried beans either traditional or black bean kind spread on with a little salsa and a little veggie cheese. I like to add black olives, tomatoes and I put little carrot shreds on too! You can add some more leftover chopped veggies and corn in there if you want or you can just leave it with just those ingredients. 
Naan bread and veggies cut up and homemade hummus to dip. Here is my all-time favorite Hummus Recipe!
Egg Salad sandwich bites. Made with Veganaise, celery, onion, dill pickle relish, carrots, mustard, s & p.
(This was before we went egg free too. I would now make this with tofu instead of the egg) 

I think this was egg salad on a different day.
 Asian salad
 She LOVED taking this lunch. Sushi and dried seaweed.

 I also gave her miso soup and some little lemon sesame cookies.

Asian salad. This time homemade (not from Sams), cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus
Taboule Salad

We tried Banana Rollups.
I would have done it with peanut butter, but Sophie's school is nut free, so I did a mix of Sunflower Butter and Pumpkin Butter and then a little Jelly or Honey. *Update* I just found Soy Butter. Sophie loves it WAY better than Sunflower Butter, so that is what I use now. Rolled up a banana and sliced it.


Sophie love salad! She is going to be getting a lot more of it!!! :)
Spinach Quesadillas, frozen mixed berries and a Cutie for my cutie!
Whole wheat tortilla, my homemade hummus spread over it and some pasta sauce spread over that. Add some slices of carrot
Some baby spinach and sprinkle some Veggie Shreds over the top before you put the other tortilla on top.
Heat on both sides until crispy.
 Cut with pizza cutter.
 Sophie and the boys LOVE it!
Hope this gets you or your kids out of your lunch rut!
This is "egg" salad sandwiches with some Romaine on it too, wheat things, broccoli and a plum.
The mock 'egg salad' on baby Romaine leaves, I plopped some guacamole on the top of these too. They were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment