Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Almond-Oat Bites

*Casie Here*
I tried out the Almond-Oat Bites recipe Vernon sent me. They were really easy and very tasty.
Ingredients:1 cup organic old-fashioned oats rolled oats1/4 cup ground flax1/4 cup sliced organic almonds, chopped (I used Coco Almonds cause that''s what I had, very yummy)2 tablespoons chia seeds1/8 teaspoon cinnamonPinch of sea salt1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy, organic almond butter, melted and slightly cooled (I used 1/2 almond butter, 1/2 peanut butter)1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon organic honey1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips (or make your own) (I used Enjoy Life Brand dairy free mini chocolate chips)
and I added some walnuts1/4 cup ground almonds (pulse in a food processor), to roll the balls in (the Coco ones again)


Directions:
1.) Combine oats, chopped almonds, flax, chia seeds, sea salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir.

2.) Melt almond butter in a saucepan over medium-to-low heat. Once almond butter has melted, remove from heat and stir in honey and vanilla. Once the mixture has cooled slightly, pour it over the oat mixture and mix well with a spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips.

3.) Roll the mixture into small bite-sized balls and then roll it into the ground almonds, coating all sides.

4.) Let chill in the ‘fridge before eating


 They were really good. I highly recommend them. I am going to add some different stuff next time and play around a bit.
 Brushetta again!!! Two kinds of tomatoes, fresh basil, little bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, 1/4 onion finely chopped, roasted garlic. On toasted French Bread.

 My soaked Cashews. I used half for my salad dressing and 1/2 for the 'ricotta' in the lasagna.
 The onions, garlic and mushrooms sauteed in olive oil with Italian Seasoning.

 I added the chopped zucchini, squash, carrot, peppers and sauteed.


 My 'ricotta' filling for my lasagna. 1 cup soaked Cashews, 1 block firm tofu, big bunch of Spinach, salt & pepper and little water to loosen a bit.
 I added TVP to the veggies.

 And finally pasta sauce.
Layered it up in a casserole dish with noodles and Veggie Cheese! 

No comments:

Post a Comment