Friday, April 26, 2013

Purple!

*Casie Here*
My new obsession. The PURPLE potato! I found these at Whole Foods and snatched some up! I was giddy to try them out in my next dish. 
 I was shocked when I cut them up as to how they were so gorgeous, dark purple the whole way through. The color is so beautiful, fun and different!
 AND, they taste EXACTLY the same as regular potatoes! 
I made roasted veggies with couscous for a simple, delish dinner we had for friends. Here is what is in it:
onions
garlic cloves
portabella mushrooms
celery
I chopped and sauteed the above ingredients on the stove just to give a richer flavor

I put the rest of the chopped ingredients in a gallon plastic bag and drizzled some olive oil in with a packet of Italian dressing mix and shook them all around. Dumped them on a greased cookie sheet. Put it in the oven for about 45 mins or so at 350.
carrots
celery
parsnips
yellow squash
zucchini
red, yellow & orange peppers
purple potatoes
sweet potatoes

Made Near East Couscous on the stove according to the box directions (used Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil  and Wild Mushroom & Herb flavors ~ we love both!)

Mixed everything together at the end. It was yummy and everyone loved it!!! I forgot to take a pict. of the end result, but you get the jist.



No comments:

Post a Comment