Thursday, April 11, 2013

Coconut Rice Stirfry

*Casie Here*
Hi guys! Tonight I made one of the BEST dishes I have made in a LONG time. They are almost all really good, but this one was EXCEPTIONAL (if I do say so myself). I wanted to get this on the blog so I wouldn't forget what I did so I can replicate it again. 
I started off making 1 cup of Jasmine Rice mixed it ONLY with 1 can of Coconut Milk and cooked it in the rice cooker. I did add a tiny bit of salt, but that was it. I stirred the Coconut milk with the rice to make sure all the rice was coated with the milk. It's not watery, it's more of just a thicker paste kind of when it's all stirred. It doesn't look like there will be enough moisture to cook the rice, but there is. 
Sorry the picture is blurry. I did not have adequate lighting and some are blurry.
 While the rice was cooking away, I got to chopping. I used one whole onion, it was on the larger side, but not HUGE. I sauteed it in a little coconut oil. I added about 4 cloves of chopped garlic. 
As you can see I chopped about 5-6 stalks of celery, 2 carrots, 2 small zucchini, 1/4 of red, orange and yellow peppers. Also, not pictured I chopped about 4 big leaves of Nappa cabbage leaves. Honestly, I think that made the difference in the dish. It was SUPER good in there. I also chopped up about 4 green onions.
 I used these canned straw mushrooms, but chopped them up further since they were full size. 

 Also used these drained bamboo shoots and chopped them up further into smaller pieces because of the kids.
 Just keep throwin in veggies as you get them chopped up. And keep stirring. Here is where it gets tricky. I just started grabbing and dumping things at this point. I didn't measure anything. I put in some Shoyu (healthier soy sauce) probably about 1/4 cup all together. I added a little rice wine vinegar and some sesame oil, salt and pepper. I also chopped up about 1 inch piece of fresh ginger. Just stirred it all around and together and heated everything through.

 I added the rice when it was done into the vegetable mix. I also put on a couple cashews on top. 
 That Coconut Jasmine Rice is life-changing people! LIFE CHANGING. You have to try this out. You will not be disappointed. ALL the kids requested more.

No comments:

Post a Comment