Saturday, April 20, 2013

Matcha Green Tea Smoothie

Here is how I make my green tea smoothies:
 
I put two green tea bags into cold almond milk and let the flavors of the tea seep into the milk.  I let this cold steep for at least 20 minutes. 
 
Green Tea Bags

Remove and discard the tea bags from the milk then pour the green tea flavored milk into a blender.

I add organic baby spinach to the blender.  I grab a large handful and put it in.  You will not even taste the spinach unless you go over board with how much you put in.
 

 
I add a teaspoon of matcha, which is ground up premium tea leaves, to the blender mixture.  You can purchase matcha online or you can pick it up at your local tea shop.  It seems expensive for such a small canister, but you don't use much of the matcha so it really goes a long way.


 
 
Here is a picture of what the matcha looks like.  I use matcha not only because of it's health benefits but also because it has a dense flavor that drives the taste of this drink.  CLICK HERE to find out more about matcha.
 
 
To sweeten this drink, I add organic dates to the blender mixture.  Depending on your sweetness preference, I would use 2-3 dates with pit removed. 
 

 
Adding bananas gives this drink a smooth texture.  Usually, we have peeled bananas in the freezer but on this night we were all out of frozen bananas so we just used these.  I prefer the frozen bananas so you don't have to use ice which dilutes the flavor of this drink.
 

 
This is what the mixture looks like after you blend the tea flavored milk, spinach, matcha, dates and bananas.

 
This is one of my favorite desserts. 

 
 
Yum!!!!!
 
Sip or use a straw....your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment