Friday, February 15, 2013

FUD in Kansas City

*Casie Here*
Before we left for our trip I had researched Vegan restaurants in Kansas City. There are a handful down here. The one I went to for lunch was FUD (said: food). Their website is HERE. First of all I could not decide what to get. EVERYTHING looked good. I asked the waitress what she would suggest. She gave me a few ideas, but I finally decided on the Pizzawrap made with Kale, Jack Chkn (which is Jack Fruit seasoned like pork), Eggplant, Bell Peppers, Onion sautéed in Basil Coulis, topped with Cashewrella, Sicilian Sauce & wrapped in a flour Tortilla. It was FABULOUS. I had to take like 8 double takes to make sure it was not chicken or pork. Seriously, I tasted it by itself, examined it and smelled it. I seriously thought it was pork. SERIOUSLY! I almost asked the waitress. The flavors were out of this world. I loved the whole thing. It was super hard for me to save a little bit for Vernon to taste. I wanted him to see what I was talking about with the fake pork. He scarffed it down so fast I didn't even have time to tell him about how confused I was to if that was really pork or not. 


Then I had the Rainbow Salad. A Living Rainbow of Greens, Avocado, Apple, Carrot, Squash, Cucumber, Bell Pepper, Parmesan Seed, Nuts & House Dressings. The dressing was out of this world. I was supposed to take half the salad back to Vernon, but it was so good, I ate the entire thing and had to order him a seperate one. I would go back every day to try everything on the entire menu. Guess we will just have to come down to KC more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment