Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"You Are The Universe"

 
I forget how I originally came across the band, The Brand New Heavies, but I recall it was between 1995-1998.  I have always loved this song because of it's positivity.  This is a song will be presented to my children as a source of inspiration when they think they "cannot" do something that I know they, indeed, "can".
 
Many of you will not care for this song and that is fine.  This song my only affect one of you out there and that is enough reason for me to post and share this song with you.  You most likely will not hear this song on the radio as I have only come across it twice on the airwaves myself.  This song is for that one person that views this post or shares this post with someone that this song can make all the difference in their mindset right now.  I wish there were more songs like this for children and young adults to listen to these days. 
 
I challenge you to sit still and have pessimistic thoughts while listening to this song.  I suspect it will be easy for this song to inspire you to move and rethink what your potential in this life is.
 
I just wish I had this song in my pregame/pretest song list when I was growing up.  At least it is in my playlist now.  Enjoy!
 
 
Brand New Heavies - You Are the Universe
 
You're the future, and you've come for what is yours
The hidden treasure, locked behind the hidden doors
And the promise of a day that's shiny new
Only a dreamer, could afford this point of view
But you're a driver, not a passenger in life
And if you're ready, you won't have to try 'cause

You are the Universe
And there ain't nothin' you can't do
If you conceive it, you can achieve it
That's why, I believe in you, yes I do

You're a winner, so do what you came here for
The secret weapon, isn't secret anymore
You're a driver, never passenger in life
And when you're ready, you won't have to try 'cause

You are the Universe
And there ain't nothin' you can't do
If you conceive it, you can achieve it
That's why, I believe in you, yes I do

You are the Universe
And there ain't nothin' you can't be
If you conceive it, you can achieve it
That's why, I believe in you, and I believe in me

(Yes I do
Believe in you
I do)

You're a driver, not a passenger in life
And when you're ready, you won't have to try 'cause

You are the Universe...

1 comment:

  1. Someone on American Idol needs to re-do this song. The lyrics are wonderful, but it needs to be put to a different beat!

    ReplyDelete