Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Oroweat Sandwich Thins

 
 
I will be honest, when Casie approached me about giving up traditional sandwich buns for these sandwich thins 3 years ago, I was extremely reluctant.  At the time, I felt like we were eating healthy enough(not really compared to the standard we eat by now) so I didn't think we needed to convert to these.  But soon after we made the change to the sandwich thins, I was willing to continue using them.  They were healthier, less calories than regular buns and forced us to make smaller portions of what you placed in the bun.  At that time, we were still eating meat so I started making the patties smaller when we made hamburgers.  When I made a peanut butter sandwich, I used less of the peanut butter.  When we made a chicken or egg sandwich, we also used less of those fillings.  If you haven't tried them, I would highly recommend you use these as a way to reduce your portion size.  We don't really make sandwiches much anymore, but when we do, these are our go to bun.  Thank you to Casie for originally converting me to this product.
 
 

Nutritional Highlights

  • No high fructose corn syrup
  • 0g trans fat
  • 19g whole grains per serving
  • Cholesterol free
  • Excellent source of fiber
 


No comments:

Post a Comment