Monday, January 28, 2013

Buckwheat Berry Pancakes

*Casie Here*
We had breakfast for dinner! Isn't it call Brinner or something like that?!?! ; ) The kids LOVED it.
This box is what I started with. I found this at Hy-Vee in their health food section.
I followed the main directions on the box but, of course added some extra stuff! The box called for eggs, but I used my Chia Seed substitute (1 TBS Chia Seed & 3 TBS water = 1 egg) mix and let sit for 5 minutes. You can use any milk you have: Coconut Milk, Rice Milk, Almond Milk, Soy Milk or even regular Cow milk if that's what you have. I followed the directions on the box, but ended up adding more to make the final batter thinner. I added some frozen mixed berries, flax seed, vanilla, I added some walnuts after I made a few for Sophie to take to school. 



They were very tasty and fluffy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment