Thursday, January 31, 2013

Food For Today

I am often asked, "What do you eat for breakfast/lunch?" or "What do you snack on during the day?".  Well, like most days, today I packed a variety of foods to keep my energy levels high and food cravings calmed down throughout the day.  I filled multiple small containers with healthy snacks that I can grab in between exams or on my commute.   For breakfast, I brought my 20 ounce morning smoothie (CLICK HERE TO VIEW ONE OF MY MANY SMOOTHIE RECIPES) that I drank while taking my daughter to school.  From her school to work, I drank a 20 ounce cold-brewed green tea.  I used The People's Republic of China Green Tea and sweetened with Stevia.  Throughout the day, I snacked on 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes (yellow and red) and flavorino tomatoes, 1 peeled orange, 2 stalks of celery, 1 cup of raw almonds, 2 cups of raw spinach, 2 cups frozen, then thawed, broccoli, 2 cups red cabbage and carrot salad leftovers from the prior evening meal and then another 20 ounce cold-brewed green tea for the ride home.  Throughout the work day, I will consume hot green tea or hot/cold brewed hibiscus tea. 
 
When I arrived home for supper, we had a small bowl of bow-tie pasta with garlic and other mixed vegetables(leftovers from previous meal), roasted asparagus and a small banana/peanut butter/spinach/almond milk/flax seed smoothie for dessert.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment